Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Home Again

After almost an entire month in Utah...I'm back. Back in the heat. Back in the home office. Back to "real" life.
Instead of posting lots of different posts about what I did, I'm summing it up in one.

During June I:
  • Played and Worked in Logan. I forget how BEAUTIFUL Cache Valley is. This was the real reason I was in Utah - so I worked 15-hour days and stayed up entirely too late each night catching up with friends. Completely and totally worth the exhaustion. Thanks Amanda and Brandon for letting me stay at your house for days and days!!

  • participated in my 3rd Art City 5k. Let me go ahead and be honest. I didn't train. I've been going to the foot doc for months and the day before I left I got inserts to wear for the race. I think they worked. Only because the rest of my body hurt more so the pain from my foot was silenced. My time was sad - but not horrible for a girl from a different altitude and who didn't train.

  • Attended some Art City Days festivities with the fam

  • headed back to Logan for more work stuff

  • My Grandma passed away suddenly. It was a very sad, teary-teary day.


  • Met up with one of my favorite people, Abbey, for some overdue catch up time, fro-yo, and photo booth sessions

  • spent ample time with family though strangely enough at the end of the month it wasn't enough time!!

  • babysat, worked, babysat, worked

  • attended my cousin's wedding

  • Made cake pops

  • laughed until I cried with my besties


  • welcomed my little sister Erin home from her LDS mission in Kentucky

  • attempted to kidnap all my nephews and nieces
  • was finally reunited with the mister after 21 days apart

  • visited old friends

  • had my toes done (and looove them)
    • Threw a surprise birthday party in Logan for Fred with all our friend's in Logan (a month early but who cares!)

    and for all the pictures I didn't post....


    I can't believe June has already come and gone! I loved every second of my Utah trip (except for a few in the middle). But I guess I'll settle back into life here in the 480...

    **i took the music off the slide show because man...that was annoying.

    3 comments:

    kate said...

    ah. i miss the 480 at times. not the heat but lots of things. i'm actually surprised that i miss it all! weird how that works.

    glad you had a splendid time. sorry to hear about your grandma. that's the worst! :(

    Sydney said...

    Thanks for babysitting for me all those many spur of the moment times. You da best!

    Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

    I'm so glad you guys came! Wish that you could have stayed longer. Fred's birthday was a success!!