Wednesday, September 26, 2007


I'm not even sure how to start this because our wedding day was such a blur but also SOO perfect! (all pictures were stolen from my sister Syd's page, and kellie and Mauri's pages because my photographer hasn't gotten our back to us yet! So thanks!)

We got married at 2:20 in the Salt Lake LDS Temple. Fred wasn't so thrilled about me really really really wanting to get married there because of the enormous amounts of people who do but because he loves me so much he gave in. Much to both of our surprise-- there were only 2 other couple getting married around the same time! Which is unheard of! It was so nice to be able to get ready without a million people around.

Fred and I arrived at the temple just after one to get everything signed and ready to go. This may be a shocker to some but I'm a complete cry baby. Every time I would look at or think about this amazing man that I was about to marry I would tear up (okay more like start to bawl but whatever). I wasn't sure I was going to make it through the day.
It was such an amazing experience to be sealed for time and all eternity. It was also a tear jerker to be surrounded by family and friends that are there to support you. I especially loved my friends that were able to be in the Temple with us. Even though none of my very best friends are married--Mauri got to be there which was so awesome! (note to the girls- get married or go on a mission soon)
After being sealed my mom and I began the process of the dress. For some reason I fell in love with a lace up dress. I'm crazy. My poor mother had to lace it twice!
After we finally got me ready I went out and met my new husband who is so unbelievably attractive in a tux!
We exited the temple to be in the midst of all of our family and friends. This is the real shocker--I didn't cry!
We were able to take lots of pictures with all our family and friends. Then we were wisked away to do all our pictures and video footage.

Instead of having a reception we settled for having a dinner. (small was the idea--but it quickly got big) Our dinner was held at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
Luckily our families are amazing so by the time we got there, everything was set up and looked awesome!!!

Fred and I barely ate anything but it was really fun to see everyone and to watch our video that by some miracle was put together during the dinner so everyone could see footage from the day.
We cut the cake, I through the bouquet and Fred took off my garter.

We left in a carriage that took us to the downtown Hilton where we spent our first night.

All in all we had the most perfect wedding day. From perfect weather to the perfect amount of people. We both were exhausted!

I just want to give a huge thank you to my family for dealing with me through out the entire planning period and also for making my special day SO perfect. I love you all very very much!! (oh here come the tears...)

Also to all of my friends that willingly babysat all the kids while their parents were in the temple.
And to Diana who flew home for this even though I didn't get to spend nearly enough time with her!! I'm so lucky to have the friends that I do. They are the best! i love you all!

The only thing we would change is the amount of time we were able to visit with people! There were so many people at the dinner that I saw but was never able to talk to! We both HATED that!

So for anyone reading this that was there but I didn't get to talk to you-- Please call me or something because I still would love to!

More Pictures will be coming--ones that you haven't seen!!


erica said...

Aww chana you are so cute...your description of your wedding almost made me cry! It's such a special day huh! Well I just wish we had class together again (minus the class part) so we could chat in real life!

Sydney said...

Beautiful day, beautiful couple...Glad I could have been there.