Monday, December 28, 2009
Over the Holiday we:
• Got excited about Santa
• Used Grandma's front room as a race car track (because it's under construction)
• Made and frosted sugar cookies
• Hula hooped, flew, golfed, bowled, won a million dollars, and ski jumped on the wii
• Danced to Christmas songs
• Cuddled babies
• Ate treats and homemade carmels
• Wore Christmas jammies
• Played with lightening mcqueen, buzz, and of course woody
• Opened presents
• Got disappointed about after Christmas sales
• Talked to Hermana Taylor
• Wore closed toed shoes
Hope your holiday was just as grand!!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
We toyed with the idea until I got this video:
Is it possible to say no to that? Her mom knows me too well and knows that's a big fat no. So...
I can't wait! We're leaving tonight (we hope) - we're not too excited to be back in the snow BUT we are excited to spend Christmas with family.
I'll try to be good about blogging while we're gone but being surrounded by my eight nieces and nephews might make it hard! Lets be honest - I'll take pictures - okay lets be really honest...I'll TRY to take lots of pictures and blog all about it when I get back.
You know what would really make it feel like Christmas? homemade carmels...mom?
What are you plans for Christmas?
Friday, December 18, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
It could be the absence of friends, bunco, relief society, or just the outside world - but lately I feel like something is missing. I'm not 100% happy with who I am and what I'm doing with my life. I NEED something.
say a baby and I'll drop kick you.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Fred was the only one that could hold him down when the cop finally was able to get cuffs on him. After they finally got the guy up and taken into custody, the cop came back over and thanked Fred for his help because he wouldn't have been able to gain control without it.
I'm so glad that Fred was able to help so that no one else got hurt!
Monday, December 7, 2009
Your Christmas music was just what I needed today
while I worked away on my camping chair at the home office.
Friday, December 4, 2009
We got in late Tuesday night. Our friends Ashley and Tyler were nice enough to keep one of our cars while we were gone, come pick us up from the airport, and let us stay the night at their house. We woke up and headed out to find "the place" on Wednesday.
We found it. It was the only one we went to and we loved it. After begging and pleading telling them we were homeless and reeeeally needed a place to stay they got us approved and in that day. so we headed to the storage unit - grabbed what we could and headed home.
This was our favorite feature to the new place...
Yesterday was spent unloading out storage unit and taking loads back to our apartment. Now its a matter of getting everything set up, unpacked, and cleaned.
Hopefully we'll be done by Monday and have the Internet by Monday because I have A LOT of work to catch up on!!
Oh and we looove it here. it's perfect weather. Yeah yeah I say that now but July I'll think differently...we'll see.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
I have a couple that I think look cute. However, everytime I wear them I get this response from my husband, "Arrr that's an UGLY shirt" or "Did the pirate store have a sale?" or the classic "where's your parrot and hook?"
His enthusiasm was fueled when I got back from Chicago a while back and we went to my parents house. My brother said, "what did you go to the pirate store in Chicago?"
These comments made me laugh on the outside but frown on the inside. but I'm still wearing the shirts. I only packed one of my "pirate shirts" for our month here though - only because Fred said he'd throw the other one away...and he didn't know about the one I brought. Until I wore it and was looking fab and he came in and said, 'Arr matey you're wearing an ugly shirt'.
So then later I tell him that really he should just be telling me I'm beautiful - like all the time. Even when I haven't showered for days, have boogers in my nose, and I look like death. He laughs and says, "yeah...but your boobs are already sooo big that when you wear a shirt with 'fluff' on the front it only makes them BIGGER" (making a giant boob motion with his hand).
Mmmhmm. So the truth comes out.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
- my 'manly man' husband. I kind of like this guy - he's an avid golfer but can install, build, fix, or inspect just about anything.
- having to only wear one contact. This saves me approx. $100 a year, seconds a day, and yet I can still see.
- online television. Since we disconnected our cable - this has been our way to still keep up with the shows we're addicted to...but for FREE!
- craigslist. while it isn't as good as KSL - the ads are helping me find our new home (which we will be moving into next week...after we find it...anyone want to come help?)
- friends. all of them. even the ones I haven't talked to in years yet still consider to be some of my besties. Miss you...lets catch up. on facebook.
- white cheese dip at Fiesta Mexicana. I only have a few more days to enjoy your amazingness. let's not waste it.
- blogging. It gives me an outlet.
- online shopping. because buying stuff and shipping it to work to then sneak in my closet at home is what its all about.
- games. we've played a lot of games recently. in one game my trash-talking 12-year old nephew said, "shouldn't you know how to play that game? you're from Utah. Don't they have family game night there?" to which I said, "no that would be called family home evening and it's a church-wide thing. Not just Utah."
- Jello salads. Fred's WHOLE family was hestitant to try my jello salad. "isn't it a dessert?" no. it's a salad. scoop it. eat it. love it. By the end there wasn't any left. AND there were even comments like, "wow this is really really good" (one of those really's might not have happened)
Hope you all had a super fantastic Turkey Day! I know I did!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Here are my thoughts:
- Jacob made the movie. Correction. Jacob after the transformation made the movie. Oooh I just got chills. again. When we finally move in somewhere - this picture will be found on our fridge, mirrors, closets, and in Fred's car. Ya know - just in case inspiration is needed.
- I think Edward is Gayward. He doesn't make eye contact, he has PMS, he's gross with his shirt off, and did I mention he talks to Bella like he's blind (making eye contact with her chin or earlobe instead of her eyes)
- Diehard fans are funny to listen to and to watch. Especially the 50 somethings in their tight Edward shirts. One lady we referred to as "the Madonna Lady" talked to the entire audience as though we were watching it at her house. Awkward.
- Good work to the Director who had Edward's entrance in the movie begin as a slow-mo, wind blowing walk toward Bella. It got tons of screens and gasps and peeing of pants.
- Jasper is one ugly, ugly dude with that wig and his pained expression. I now feel bad for the time I told one of our friends that he looked like Jasper. Sorry. I didn't mean it as an insult but well...it was.
- I spent a lot of the movie with my face in a 'seriouslythisisgoodbutborderlinegayareyoukiddingme?' but at the same time was thinking, 'thatJacobishotdoesthismakemeacougarorapedofile?'
- Americans are really fat. We sat in line in front of a ginormous family. It was sad to see the 10 year old that weighed over 150lbs scarfing a hot dog, popcorn, and soda. You'd think it'd be enough to scare off the ice cream I ate every. single. day. this weekend. It wasn't.
- Love Love Loved the ending. I think I was one that yelped or screamed when it just ended.
- all in all I really liked it. I might actually have to see it again in the near future.
What'd you think?
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Monday, November 16, 2009
As for live games, I like live athletic events - at least for awhile. I have a major case of Athletic A.D.D. I care more about watching the crowd then the game. I start playing games such as: 'real or fake', 'husband or brother', 'wife or mistress', 'ooh look at _____', or the classic 'don't look now but...'
So really you could say I'm a huge fan of sports. As long as I can see a crowd and you don't mind me saying 'oooh ooh look at that!!' every few minutes.
Am I alone? Who else plays these games?
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Why a month you ask?
Well, my job was nice enough to let me work remotely and since Fred didn't have a job just yet we decided to come spend some quality time with his fam while we could (cough - and not pay rent - cough). So here we are.
Right - smack - dab - in the dirty dirty.
Here it is at the end of the day and what is my assessment of working from home?? eee. Well. it's more productive - probably because it's boring.
(insert that noise that the movies have - like a ripping or eeerrrk)
The above was written on Monday. See below for an update.
Day 3: must have someone to entertain me. please. an 18-month old that doesn't like me yet doesn't count.
I got a package today from work (I nearly skipped to the door and hugged the delivery man) inside was stuff for a project and a surprise my coworker sent. Yep. it's a flask. Perfect for that moonshine (disclaimer: no I won't actually be using it. well maybe I'll try water in there. that could be fun).
I'm still getting all my stuff done BUT I'm bored to tears. I have to take walks to the end of the hallway and back. Or take pictures of myself which leads to thoughts like, 'oh. my. I think I've let myself go.' or 'people are going to think that all you wear is a Gap sweat shirt - wait. is it?' or even 'I bet Fred tells me I'm gay for taking pictures of myself and then posting them online. too bad soo sad. He's stuck with me.'
The perks of working from home?
Please reference the pictures again. yep. I'm still in my PJs and I can bust a move in the kitchen without anyone seeing me.
Still I'm bored. Help!!
Remember the incident? I definitely look a little like the hunchback (because of the eye...not the posture)
Well yesterday we took some Wald family photos (images to come...hint Christina) and once again I questioned that I might indeed have a droopy eye. Sheesh.
Maybe instead of getting sagging skin - my eyes will get saggy. Won't I be a treat for the eyes in a few years!
pictures would also suggest that I have gained some weight. hmm. that won't do either. Anyone know how to get a stress fracture to heal? Mine is back from the Ragnar...
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Well we were in Arizona for about 3 days -
day one was spent unloading our uhaul and reloading it into the exact same trailer type thing (what they call a storage unit) in the 95 degree weather.
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
We drove down to my parents house where we stayed until Sunday morning so we could do some last minute family time, hangouts, and Utah errands.
Then we left bright and early Sunday morning to head to Pheonix. The drive took us two extra hours with the giant truck and it was a freaking beast to fill up. The greatest victory was the 60 miles of downhill coming out of Flagstaff - that's 60 miles that kept the truck on Full - woot!
But we're here now and its perfect. literally...
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
I got here on Tuesday night, so my coworker Dru and I headed out on the town for some pizza at the Original Uno's Pizza.
At Uno's you order your pizza first (because the pizza takes an hour to bake) and then we waited over an hour for a seat (they told us it'd be 35-45 minutes). Once inside - we waited another hour for our pizza.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
On Saturday, I was goal driven and headed to the Uhaul store to get a few boxes then to get tape and bubbles, and then home to pack.
Here is what I accomplished:
- entire office - boxed, vacuumed, emptied
- DVD's - boxed
- all picture frames - wrapped and boxed
- My Closet - boxed except for the essentials
This week my goals are:
- Laundry room (minus the essentials)
- Guest Room (aka Fred's room)
Friday, October 9, 2009
It's October 9. We move October 31st. 22 days away gasp.
Have we started packing? Nope. Well…I packed 2 boxes clearing the books off of our bookshelf in the office. Then I got bored.
I am hoping that the packing can begin this weekend. Like really begin. Whether or not I can convince the husband of this I'm not so sure.
Here are our hold backs and their translations
Here are his hold backs on packing:
-it's too soon. (we have weeks. We're fine)
-"I don't want boxes everywhere around the house" (and I'm not willing to walk them to the garage)
-but we still use everything (we don't really but it works as a reason right?)
Here are my hold backs:
-its too soon. I mean not really but kind of. (why do something today when you can do it tomorrow? Or in our case in 2 weeks?)
-I can't pack my clothes because I wear them (lets be honest. I wear 1/4 of my closet. But all those clothes I can't pack because I wear them. Plus who knows what will happen. I may need to wear one of the 500 shirts for an occasion such as: fill in the blank)
-packing alone is boring (it really is)
-this is going to require cleaning (gag)
-Fred doesn't want to and he's cute so I'll hang out with him
Please bless that we'll pack. Something.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
I have a thing for purses...
PS. thinking about buying me a Christmas present? Handbag Heaven is a good place to start!! (just no animal print please)
Saturday, October 3, 2009
We'll miss you guys and you'd better come visit
Thursday, October 1, 2009
Think I can do it??
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Many of you know that I married a golf addict. How addicted? Well my amazing husband was just accepted to a golf school in Arizona so I would say he's extremely addicted.
Be prepared for lots of posts about moving!