Monday, May 23, 2011

Graduation

Life is hard. No one should ever have to go through this trial and I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone. I know that I couldn't get through this without a number of things - the support of our families, friends, and even strangers, my testimony of the Gospel, and Fred.

Fred has truly been my rock during this. We're both grieving beyond belief but Fred is the strong one. The one who holds me when I sob (only grimacing slightly when tears are mixed with boogers), who tells me I'm beautiful when I haven't worn make up in weeks and I look like I've aged 40 years and been hit by a truck (to which he says "no, not a truck. Maybe just a mini van"), and who tells me over and over again how we're going to be okay and that we can do this because we're not alone. He is constantly taking care of me whether it's finding someone to come check on me during the day (because being alone is the hardest), bringing me a sonic drink, or surprising me by having one of my good friends Emily come do my nasty hair the night before Freddie's graveside (because he knew how gross I felt with 4-inch roots).

On April 21st, we were able to celebrate a little despite everything that has been going on.
Fred graduated from school! Fred is the first in his family to graduate from college. Ever.

Our lives were turned upside down just a week before finals and his graduation. He was able to keep it together to finish school, take his finals, and graduate. I'm so proud of his accomplishment and hard work. He worked hard to graduate as one of the best in his class.
Fred and his older sister Mandy
Fred and his proud parents
Fred and his hot wife

I wish I could find the words to express how grateful I am for him. We've grown more in the last few weeks then in the last few years - He deserves credit for keeping me sane and for any strength that you think I may have.

8 comments:

Abbey said...

Hot wife is right!! You look beautiful!! Congrats Fred!!

Madison Beyers said...

Yay for Doda!!!! Congrats. Yall are fantastic! Love both of you

kate said...

You look so hot lady!!

Congrats to Fred! That's big time!

Caro said...

Congrats to Fred!

You guys are strong, stronger than you think you are, Fred is right you will be ok.

Unknown said...

You look great! Congratulations on such an awesome accomplishment!

Chelsie and Trace said...

I agree with everyone you do look hot and congrats Fred.

Jared and Davian said...

Hot wife for sure Chana! You guys are such a cute couple. I am excited to have you move back home. Can't wait to see you soon.

Amanda said...

Congrats Fred! I can't believe how long your hair is- I want to play with it! And I love your skirt btw. Hurry up and get back here already.