While in Branson, we took advantage of the outlets stores, the Target, and Lambert's Cafe (in nearby Springfield). Lambert's Cafe was soo good. I first saw this place on the Food Network. They did a spot light on this restaurant's unique style of dining. At Lambert's, people walk around the restaurant yelling 'Hot Roll' and you raise your hand and they throw it at you. They also walk around serving endless amounts of fried potatoes, fried okra, molasses, and you can get refills of anything on your plate. My in-laws had been there many a time but when they mentioned this restaurant and what they did there I immediately wanted to go because I knew what they were talking about! It was so fun and very yummy. If you ever find yourself in the dirty dirty stop on by!
I won't bore you with all the details of everyday. But I will leave you with some more highlights!
- While at Silver Dollar City, we passed a man having a diabetic seizure. It was scary. I think he survived.
- Why in the hell do hotels short sheet beds? Seriously? I don't think it would break the budget or the time clock to put sheets that actually fit ON the bed so that your guests don't experience waking up wrapped in a sheet and a mattress pad. it's sick. it's wrong. fix it
- Another hotel annoyance: Why is hand soap not provided? Next time you're in a hotel notice that the soap next to the sink is FACE soap. Not hand soap. I noticed this at both hotels I've stayed at in the past two weeks
- On the gorgeous drive back to Arkansas today, we passed a man outside his double wide, spraying down his oven with a hose. Let me repeat that. Outside...oven...hosed down...Sweet
- We also passed a street named Jesus
- and a dead Armadillo. The first one I'd ever seen. It was a carcass though so I don't think it counts completely
- On the radio, I heard an ad for a carpet store ran by a "Christian family with high values that aren't payed on commission"
- And the video store that was allowing new club members to erase all previous adult rental or as they called it, 'Couples Corner' late fees just "for signing up!"
- I saw my first ever black widow spider at a Bass Pro Store. When we got back to the house in Arkansas, I was able to identify a black widow next to the door which lead to it's death by roach killer. Thank you Bass Pro
- I also just heard a radio jingle for an adult novelty store. Oh my gosh. funny but dirty. I had my hand over my mouth the whole time
- I'm not a BYU fan...but there is still something that burns inside of me when I see someone in an airport, distant state, or other random locations wearing BYU stuff and no it isn't the Spirit. It must be that Mormon pride. We saw lots of BYU wearing people at Silver Dollar City. Go Cougs!
So enjoy the pics!