This trip brought together our most favorite people from Logan (well - originating in Logan...now we're all over). First let's introduce the players:
- Bo and Lacey (and baby kayda) - residents of the thriving metropolis of Green River. They are kind of the 'it' couple of the community. It was like being with celebs.
- Amanda and Brandon (and baby brooklyn) - the planners of the first trip. Still residents of Logan but have roots in Green River so they hooked us up with free accommodations. They were the guides, cooks, and Green River experts.
- Dana and Jake - new residents to a little town we call Denver. They graced us with hilarious comments/questions, elf shoes, and sponge bob-ness.
- Kalli and Jordan - also residents of Logan. Jordan is the famous golfer that just won the Cache Valley Open and Kalli is the golf widow with whom I spent my days on the course. gossiping. not golfing.
- Chana and Fred - making the journey from the desert of Phoenix. We brought the inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and a little bit of funny.
we headed to Crystal Geyser after a delicious meal prepared by the Amanda, Brandon, and his parents. Crystal Geyser and I have some history - as in every. single. moab trip to visit my bro included stopping at this Geyser. which resulted in years of seeing nothing erupt. This trip was no different. But fun none the less. We made a fire. roasted some 'mellows and laughed at Bo for thinking the flash of the camera was lightening in the clear sky. We ended the night after Kayda decided rocks were better than cheerios.
wait but was the night over? nope. Brooklyn kept us awake with her crib shaking shinanigans...
We headed to Goblin Valley for some inappropriate pictures (maybe one to grace the christmas card this year??). The boys (and Dana) found a cave and shoved Dana up the birthing hole to come out the other side. After she made it, all us girls climbed into the cave and were pressured into 'thinking skinny' and going through as well. I couldn't stop laughing and turned into dead weight for Brandon and Fred to lift up and kicked Kalli in the face. Kalli who got stuck in the cave last (but not least) was brave enough to ask a dad for a boost - turned out he didn't really need to help but a butt grab was available so he took it.
After some lunch - and a whole watermelon (see notes below), we headed back to the house to gear up to go river rafting. We blew up the rafts, got a lift from Bo and set out on the open green river. Fred took on the position of captain and had us all paddling for our lives. Good thing we were all in pristine condition. heh.
That night we ate at Ray's Tavern (yummmm. yummmm. yummmm) and played some games at Bo and Lacey's Green River Mansion. Nothing brings friends together like a few games of signs, and 3-people on a couch. oh and brownies. Lacey and I whipped up a batch of homemade brownies. It's like we should be on the Food Network or something. amazingness and sass? believe it.
Yep we headed into Moab to visit Arches. We hiked to Delicate Arch - it was awesome and actually really fun! We hung out at the arch for a bit - where the boys turned into kids and climbed all the rocks and grinned like crazies.
This was a few of the friend's first time at Arches and unfortunately we didn't have enough time to see lots of it. So while sitting up at Delicate Arch, Kalli said, "I thought there would be more Arches?"
Next year Kalli. Next year.
We said goodbye to the friends that had to hit the road and then the rest of us hit La Hacienda for some delicious mexican food. The chips and salsa there are probably the best in the world.
When the numbers dwindled down to just us and the Brady's we hung out at my brothers then walked the stores on mainstreet in Moab.
Then LoToMo officially ended.
It was seriously one of the funnest weekends of the summer. We loved it.
We've taken the lead for LoToMo 2011 so we'll see what craziness will be planned for next year's trip!
- Fred hates watermelon (gasp). Wait no - he hates ALL melon. So at the Wald house we don't eat it because while I looove me some melon - I can't eat it all on my own. So Bo brought a watermelon to goblin valley and I got a little too excited. I attempted to eat the whole thing but alas. I failed. So we offered it to another family who saw through my nastiness and accepted.
- Lacey's ipod holds the greatest hits - including I'm a genie in a bottle.
- The Brady's are sneaky little bandits and are expecting baby #2 (and even knew when I stayed with them in August!!)
- Amanda is an amazing seamstress. She showed us some crib bedding that she made for her sister and it was amazing. Some day if I have a baby I will be getting my stuff from her!
- We also got to go up to the mountain and hang out with my bro and his fam for the day - it was amazing. We loved the cool mountain air, rhino rides, exploring, and family time.
Here are some more pics - if you're dying to see more!!