Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Family Time

When we got back from Moab - we immediately got to start playing with Fred's bro Johnathan, SIL Grace, and their 2 boys - Lukas (2) and Isaac (5 mon).

We hadn't ever met Isaac and last time Lukas hated me so I was a little nervous but their trip was really fun!(minus the 2 year old tantrums and the teething moments of shrieking)

while they were here we:
  1. swam at the pool - Lukas is fearless and will jump in after his floating noodle without a second thought.
  2. ate out - toooo much
  3. convinced Christina and Michael to come visit from St. G so we had lots of Walds under one roof (unfortunately we didn't take any pictures while they were here...how lame!?)
  4. walked around the Mesa Temple
  5. hung out at the PGA store (Grace and I found a couch...it was a blessing)
  6. went to Canyon Lake - it was amazing! The weather was perfect and the boys even found some cliffs to jump off of. Including Lukas! He jumped off a 6 footer!!
  7. Discovered the GoldField Ghost town - it was this awesome old west town on the way to canyon lake.
  8. went to the Desert Botanical Gardens (thank heavens for free passes from the Library!)
  9. introduced Johnathan and Grace to the amazingness of How I Met Your Mother

Lukas still wasn't a huge fan of me until the last day or 2 (and then he liked me and actually played with me) and Isaac would just stare at me for hours. I'm convinced it's because I'm blond - at least that's what I'm telling myself!

Lukas just loooved Fred though. It made us wish we lived closer so we could visit and play much more often! (and so it wouldn't take sooo long for Lukas to warm up to me!! - some day...some day...)

Here are some pics in no particular order - because I'm lazy like that.

proof that he doesn't hate me...at this moment

Lukas doing the splits


Johnathan, Grace, and the boys


At the botanical gardens - hunting for dinosaurs (lizards)







Thanks for coming to visit! We love you guys!

Who wants to come next?

3 comments:

kate said...

Looks like fun!

We're obsessed with How I met your mother right now!
It's Legen... wait for it.. dairy.

Laura W said...

Fun times. Lukas still calls me Chana sometimes.

Stan & Ash said...

Chana!!! I am so glad you have a blog!!!!! I miss your face!