Monday, May 4, 2009

Running Shoes. The Solution.


I went and was fitted for running shoes at Peak Performance in Ogden, Utah. Thanks to my cousin Heather and her suggestion. She won.

The whole experience was pretty cool. The owner sat me down measured each of my feet, measured the arches, and how my feet pronated when I run. Upon his findings, he was able to tell me which shoes would be best. It was great! If you are getting into running and haven't done this...do it! Go there and tell them I sent you!

Not only did he help me figure out what the problem was but he also gave me tips for getting back on track. Unfortunately, he told me that I should wear my running shoes for the next two weeks straight so that I can build up muscles and get use to wearing good shoes. He obviously doesn't know how I feel about wearing tennis/workout shoes with regular clothing. I took his advice and braved Target in my denim capris and running shoes. I was sooo mortified. I even saw people I recognized from Logan - and I could tell they recognized me and were judging my tennis shoe outfit. I think I'll be able to do it if I'm wearing jeans but with capris and shorts...no way. it's too...not me.

I ran in them on Saturday and could tell a huge difference. I could also tell that I hadn't ran in a week. I'll keep you posted on my progress! I can't wait for the rain to stop so I can run outside! I can't last long on a treadmill!

New development: These new shoes hurt a little. I think it's because my feet aren't normally wearing 'good' shoes so my calves are still sore - but now I can't tell if it's shin splints or just tired muscles. I've been wearing my shoes as much as possible so we'll see how it goes during my run tonight. argh. it better go away.


7 comments:

thetaylors said...

Good Luck with your running

Jake and Courtney Larsen said...

You are officially the funnest person to blogstalk because you post every day! I love it and keep it up!

Cynthia said...

I am so going to love this month. Your posts are fun to read. Too bad I don't have more funny friends like you!

Team Rykert said...

We totally need to register for a race together! I would love to run with you! Call me! (We could totally do Provo half marathon in august!)

Anonymous said...

I am so digging this everyday posting thing. Good girl chauncy! I'm super impressed. I'm glad that you got fitted for shoes- it really does make a difference! And good luck in the ragnar..you little go getter.

Amanda said...

Chana I love you!! I love your posts and am laughing at the fact that you will post everyday. I want to be you when I grow up... Come visit me, our phone date was really nice tonight, but I need face to face too. Miss you TONS!! Can't wait to see what tomorrow blog brings. Oh and by the way, I think you should post about your BFF (me) and I am officially giving you permission to do so. I wont even require a release form for any photos you may need to use or anything. Really, for an entire month of blogs, I will be expecting an 'Ode to Amanda'. Thanks...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.