Monday, January 19, 2009

Ode to the Crock Pot


Bless the person who invented this amazing appliance. Last week we had a scrumptious meal created by our crock pot almost every night. Bless her.
It's been awesome because I work all day, Fred's at school, and when we both get home we're hungry and I do not want to have to cook and then wait for it to be ready. So last week was deemed 'crock pot week'.

Monday: Taco Soup
Tuesday: Mile-High Enchiladas
Wednesday: Italian Chicken (and rice)
Thursday: pancake in the oven (not a crock pot meal was just as easy and delicious!)
Friday: Shredded pork burritos

We might keep this up. On this week's menu: Turkey tacos, Bean soup,Mexican Chicken Soup, and Turkey Chili…who wants to join us for dinner?
Don't know what to make for dinner tonight? How about this?
Salsa Crock Pot Chicken
Ingredients:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( frozen)
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed) or cream of chicken soup. (I used cream of chicken)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

Directions:
Add chicken to slow cooker.
Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken.
Pour salsa and soup over chicken.
Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
Serve with rice or tortilla.

Servings: 4-6
Recipe stolen from: Simply Chic

**also- blogger hasn't been cooperating lately and won't finish uploading the post page...hence no posting. Pray for my blogger account. Thanks.

7 comments:

Sydney said...

Way to use your crock pot! I need to use mine more often. Your menu sounds delicious. if you weren't so far away, we'd be there every night.

Jared and Davian said...

I love my crock pot, but don't have a lot of good recipes for it. So keep the crock pot meals and directions coming! I would totally be there in a heart beat for a good meal that I don't have to cook.... you should deliver and I would pay good money for it too$!$! I didn't realize really how good a home cooked meal was until I haven't felt up to cooking in the past month and a half!

Annie Duckworth said...

Thanks! Holy cow I just made that recipe you posted and the hubby and I loved it. Glad I read your blog today!

Quinn and Linds said...

If you love the crockpot, you will love this blog... crockpot365.blogspot.com

I have found a TON of great recipes from there.

Hope all is well in logan!!

The Barton Family said...

Yes...the crock pot is any food lover's best friend...we have a yummy Qaeso(?) recipe that we LOVE...glad to know ya'll are eating well up there :)

Team Rykert said...

Hmm...this is your friend Krista...just wondering if your preggo? Give me a ring! I'd love to hear from my old snuggle buddy whom I loved to crawl in bed with on early mornings and spoon with! :) (aww the good ol days)

jess said...

um, no recipe for mile high enchiladas?? weeeeeeeeak sauce.