Sunday, December 7, 2008

Turkey Day

This really isn't a blog about Thanksgiving, I mean kind of but not really. More about my amazing Grandparents and a meal at their home.

Every year for Thanksgiving, we head down to the beautiful (cough) city (cough cough) of Salina, Utah. This was the first year that my family was literally the only family that went…and not even my entire family was there. It was really nice and very relaxing though.

We shot guns (its beginning to be an annual tradition), Erin chased me with a dead deer hoof, we ate, napped, and helped around my grandparents yard.

My Grandparents are some of the most amazing people I know. I get teary-eyed just thinking about them. My Grandma's memory is beginning to fade so this Thanksgiving was about getting stories. It was so funny to hear my grandparents argue about how my Grandma thought he liked her cousin but really he loved her the whole time…since they were in 8th grade. They talked about my Grandpa riding his bike or walking to Redmond where there was a dance hall. He played in the band that played at the dances but after seeing all the other boys asking my Grandma to dance he quit.

I am so glad we were able to go to Salina this year. I often forget how amazing they are and how lucky I am to still have them.
Love you guys!


**I have some cute pictures but a certain missionary didn't give them to me before she left.

No comments: