Friday, September 9, 2011

A little update

Well I'll be...this blog still exists. A due to some pokes and prods by friends  I'm posting again. Where have I been? What is the latest? Well, sit back and I'll do my best to update you.

So why haven't I blogged? Honestly it's because there is a lot of pressure. I've spent months blogging about Freddie. Blogging about our story, our pain, and our healing. While we'll always be working through good days and bad moments — I don't need to blog about it. And frankly, I don't want to. But it's hard to know what to write after writing about something so life changing and devastating. It's hard to flip the switch from writing about the pain in my heart to pet peeves, funny stories, and frivolous adventures. But I'll try.

It's amazing how living back in Utah fits for us right now. When we moved back in May, it was to be near family to help us through "hell" and for Fred to find a job in the golf industry up here, as the season was ending in Arizona but beginning in Utah. We knew moving to Utah was the right thing, especially when soon after  Fred's course in Scottsdale was closed for the summer for remodeling.

So we moved in with my parents.

Our Summer has been insane. Which really is an understatement. In Arizona, a lot of time was spent...catching up on shows, reading, or occasionally hanging out with friends. In Utah, I've hardly had a chance to sit and watch tv. (I hope you gasped...because I did when I first realized this)

Our dream was St. George. Utah County was for Fred to find something until we found something better in St. George. If that didn't happen — then it was back to Arizona in October.

It's funny how we think we're in charge of our lives. We aren't. Something you would think we would have grasped in April.

It took months for Fred to get a job. And months is a really long time when you're living with your in laws, working from a spare bedroom, and adjusting from living a state away from family  to living in the same house.

We were getting desperate. We looked at jobs in St. George and on one such trip down there following a job interview - it was clear that St. George wasn't where we needed to be. We talked about our "situation"  ya know the one in which I'm at the doctor at least once/twice a month. We looved our new doctor so starting over (again) with a new doctor after the progress we'd made was out of the question.

As we drove home through the ugly of Utah, Fred got a phone call from a golf course in Lehi where he had interviewed WEEKS before. In the 30 seconds I had to feel sad about giving up my dream in St. G. for the unknown, we had a solid confirmation that Utah County was where we needed to be with a job offer for Fred.

Fred literally started the next day and has been working nonstop since. He loves it. And I love him when he's happy...and not moping around the house.

So here we are a month and a half after he's fallen into a position he loves, with the potential for growth within the company. We're still living the dream in my parent's basement  but hopefully looking to settle down a bit closer to Lehi (to reduce that horrendous commute Fred has each day and my occasional commute to Logan).

Thank you to those who missed me (insert giant smiley face). I'm sure you don't miss my comments on your blog, but in my break from writing on this blogI've also taken a break from reading blogs. There are 1000+ unread items in my google reader. Which is enough to make me want to go back into hiding. I'll slowly get back to commenting and catching up on your lives too but in the meantimeare we friends on Facebook? If we aren'tlet's change that.

10 comments:

Caro said...

I cant find you on facebook:(

Unknown said...

I can't find you either! Try finding me again - I changed my privacy settings.

Karli said...

You're back! Love it! I find your writing inspiring and hilarious. Keep on truckin'! :)

thetaylors said...

Just delete all those entries and start with a clean slate.

Laura W said...

I will admit that I look everyday to see if you are posting. I smiled when I was rewarded for my effort today. Love and miss you.

Jared and Davian said...

Utah county dream living! Woot- Woot! I'm glad you get to stay for awhile. Because seriously who can stay away for too long with out craving to be back in the bubble? Haha! Gorumet Young Women value candy apples anyone? *My point exactly! If for nothing else the comic relief in the bubble is classic!*

So glad to hear some news from you! I love ya to pieces, thanks for giving in to a little pushing to come back. Your blog is my favorite to read and I hope you enjoyed your "time away", but I am super excited to read your writings again!

Amanda said...

I missed you. I'm so glad you are back. Now, how are we going to get through this bike race next week?!?!

Anonymous said...

Saratoga is a great place to live! Lots of great deals out here too!!!

Drea said...

Just wanted to say hi! I don't know if I have EVER seen your blog before?? I haven't checked blogs in probably oh, over a year....but I sooo enjoyed reading all about Freddie, and your feelings, and thoughts, and seeing how strong you are and have been. Hope you are well :)

Kenna said...

Chana, you know I love you! Glad you're back! Wish we could get together every now and then!